Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Our New Year's Weekend

We started off the weekend by going to Burnet to see the cousins. We had a little birthday celebration for Nate. We forgot the candles but my mom saved the day with the 3 and 4....Nate put the plus sign and waalaaa, we have 7!! The family then headed to the deer lease for a slow and relaxing New Year's weekend. It was fabulous!! I wore sweats all weekend, no washing of the hair, no cooking... AWESOME!!!
Nate doesn't like my gear, he said for my bday he is going to give me some camoflauge clothing. HEHE!!!




While Rob and Nate hunted, we explored outside

Even Schweenie went to the deer lease

Time for smores!! Kids were in heaven!!! Ok, I was too. YUMMY!!!




Boys got up Sunday morning and hunted again. It was 27 degrees out so they didn't hunt for long.
My lil Red Raider eating doughnuts!!

What a relaxing weekend!!!! When we got home, Nate thanked me for going to the deer lease and giving him the best weekend ever. Melt my heart!!
Now that the new year is here, no resolutions here because I always fail them. I just want to try harder to be a better mom and wife, lose 15 lbs and quit spending so much money. I think I can do it!!!! Happy New Year!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Look like a lot of fun! Where was Nate's helmet?
    Happy Birthday tomorrow my sweet Nate!! Love you lots! Ok, this is gonna say Pappy posted but it was Nanis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks PERFECT....a nice family get-away, cooking smores over an open fire...away from all of the crazy new year's hoopla (snookie in the human ball?)! Definitely looks like a wonderful way to start the new year! But, I wouldn't be much of a hunting helper...I would be out there trying to befriend all the deer! Ha! Happy New Year, Brandi!

    ReplyDelete