Sunday, August 30, 2009

1st Week of School

The first week of school went well. Nate LOVES kindergarten!!! We live a few blocks from our school so Nate thinks he has to ride his bike every day. He still has his training wheels on his bike and I was nervous that he'd be the only kid with training wheels... NOPE, there are a few kinder kids that rode their bike with the training wheels. I'm pretty sure that we can take the tr. wheels off but too scared to let my baby go without them. Rob has been practicing with Nate but I'm still not ready to take that risk. Nate rides his bike with his buddies and Addison, Ty and I follow in the joggin buggy. After dropping Nate off, the little ones and I go jogging!!Walking in on the first day...

With his buddy Lindsey...


Getting ready for his big day...
Nate is such a big boy. He wants to walk to class by himself so I kiss him outside the school and watch my big boy go off on his own into the school. I am so proud of him. OH, I just bought Nate the huge Britax car seat that holds kids up to 80 lbs. It's a 5 latch car seat. Rob thinks I'm crazy and that the booster he was in is enough protection. I feel he is so much more protected in the Britax. I just worry about my babies ALL the time!!


I love you Nate, my big, awesome boy!!!

3 comments:

  1. Adorable pix of Nate! Love that the little ones ride their bikes w/ the training wheels to school. How cute!

    Great that you go jogging after you drop him off! We live out in the country, so it's a hugs struggle to drive the kiddos and double jog stroller into town! I wish I could go jogging w/ you! :)

    We have a Britex that fits up to 60lbs and adore it! Our 1st grader is very petite and we think she may still be using it when she goes on her first date (when she is 30 of course)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness, seeing those pictures just gives me chills! i know we are going to blink and parker is going to be going off to school too! good for you on the booster seat. i am SO glad they passed those new laws!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWWWW! Looks like he is doing great. :)

    ReplyDelete