
Isn't Nate's birthday cake the cutest thing ever!!!!!! And I only paid $40...woohoo!!!!!

Nate really didn't have a party this year. He just had a few of his baseball friends over after school on Friday. 3 boys plus Nate...EASY!! They played ball and ate cake and pizza...nice!!

I never really do New Year Resolutions because I always fail miserably. This year, I really just want to be healthier. I've decided to make a lifestyle change. I've been eating less processed foods and more fresh and healthy foods. I also cut back on the calories I've been eating. I use the My Fitness Pal app on my Iphone to keep me in line. So far, so good! And i don't feel like I'm starving either. I'm trying to make my kids eat better too. I found these Energy Balls on Pinterest...so yummy and pretty healthy. I tweaked the recipe a little bit and they are yummy!!!!!!

1 cup oats
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
1 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
1tsp vanilla
U can use unsweetened coconut and almond butter instead of pb. Mix all ingredients together. Let chill in fridge for about an hour. Roll into balls. ENJOY!!
I also had a full physical done last week. Blood work, EKG....the works. I'm about to be 36 and haven't had one since hs so i thought it was time. I have started to see the signs of aging(never thought that day would come as i've always looked younger than I really am. Or at least, that's what peeps have told me)...boohoo!!! I just wanted to stay on top of my health. Anyway, here's to a healthy 2012!!!
Oh, I discovered that I really like oatmeal!!!!! CRAZY!!!!
we need to be friends on my fitness pal. i am missyhj
ReplyDeleteThose energy balls look soo yummy, I think I will give them a try!! Find me on MFP--- ashchilders83
ReplyDeletethose look so yum and healthy--and how cute is that cake--love!
ReplyDeleteLOOOOVE Nate's cake! So cute! Those energy balls look yummy! I LOVE oatmeal!
ReplyDeletestumbled onto your blog and i am LOVING it!
ReplyDeletesuch a gr8 bday cake!!
http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com
I saw those energy balls on Pinterest, too! I've been wanting to give them a try, but I'm afraid I'd eat the whole batch in a couple days...lol. Kinda defeats the purpose. Good for you for making a lifestyle change! It's so much better than dieting in my opinion because you don't miss things as much!
ReplyDeleteWhat a CUTE cake! I doubt we'll ever have a similar one over here ;)
ReplyDeleteThank you for stopping by House on 31 main. Your kiddos are beautiful! The cake is so cute! I love his face when he is looking at the candles.
ReplyDeleteWe will be sharing healthy recipes soon! Your's looks tasty!
blessings
Jenny,
www.31main.blogspot.com
Prov 31 Mommies. Healthy Homes. Craft Things.
I'm with ya girl! I told one of my friends this week that my goal for 2012 is CLEAN eating! Love the cake and your cupcakes too!! Here's to a healthy 2012!
ReplyDeleteNow those energy balls seriously look great. I am just in LOVE with almond butter and even put a packet of Stevia in it to sweeten and mix throughout so not a big diff but a pinch. My newest snack is egg whites with cinnamon cooked and then put almond butter on top. Perfect protein with good fat.
ReplyDelete