Before I stayed at home, I taught school for 9 years!! I LOVE it too!!! I loved my team; the 4 of us are still very close and how fun is it to hang out with kids all day long. When I found out I was pregnant with Ty, we knew I'd stay home for a few years as daycare for two kids was already very expensive!!!
See, when growing up, my mom never stayed home with us! We had the best life. I never felt cheated, jipped, etc that my mom was working. I didn't know any different. I always felt loved, my parents supported us in everything we did!! I had and still have the best parents EVER!!! I was never one of those women that just KNEW they would stay at home after having kids. I am a very social person and I love hanging out with peeps!!!
I loved loved loved being home with my kids! As Ty has gotten older, I was missing teaching, like big time...my sister thinks I'm crazy. When I left teaching a few years ago, I said I would NEVER go back!!!! Look at me now!!
I started working part time in September while Addison and Ty were at Mommy's Day Out. It was perfect! I was loving it; working with kids again.... FUN!!!!! My principal aproached me about a month ago and asked if I would like a full time teaching position.
I said YES!!!
So excited !!!!!!!!









Part time teacher...what a blessing!!!!
ReplyDeleteVisiting from Kelly's - what a beautiful family and it looks like you've got it all together! I'm a full time teacher so I totally understand. You go, mom!!!
ReplyDeleteWonderful!! You give me hope. I am on the fence about going back, but I do love being in the classroom all day, but the workload at home scares me!
ReplyDeleteAwesome, Brandi! I'm sure you'll love being back and still getting to spend the summers with your kiddos! Can't beat that :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats on going full time! I respect teachers so much. I student taught one year and it was so heartbreaking for me to see how neglected some children were, how they acted out for attention and really needed loving direction. I knew then and there that I couldn't do it full time. It would be too emotionally draining for me. I have been both a SAHM and a working mom. (Soon to be working again!) Both have their advantages and both have draw backs. I think it's so important to not let what ever path you choose overrun you. You have to find a healthy balance either way. I am choosing to go back to work. I love having a job, contributing to the family income and being able to use vacations as pure family fun. I know how very hard both can be, we just have to make the best out of the path we go down.
ReplyDeleteCongrats, just saw this! Good luck! Have you already started back full-time?
ReplyDeleteCongrats!! I work full time and I wouldnt have it any other way.
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I'm always happy to see mom's and women in general working and being happy about it!! Being a teacher is a great job!
ReplyDelete