Tuesday, April 27, 2010

ER Visit

I started having some chest pains on Sunday but thought maybe I had pulled a muscle cheering for Nate at his tball game. Got no sleep on Sunday night. Monday morning it hurt to take a breath, walk, talk...etc. SHARP pains near my heart. Basically, I was just miserable. Finally, I called my nurse and she said get to ER now!!! So, thinking I was going to die and leave my kids mommyless, I headed to the ER. After EKG, blood work and a CT scan, I found out that I had a little fluid in my left lung.. That's why I was having such sharp pain. As I was about to be realeased, nurse wanted to take vitals again. I now had a 101 fever. Basically, I have some kind of infection going on. I came home with antibiotics and ibuprofen and have to go see a specialist tomorrow. Pneumonia...ruled out because I have NO symptoms. The dr. and specialist's main concern was WHY the fluid is in my lung because I'm so healthy. Anyway, after a LONG few hours (5) at the ER we are home. Woohoo!! We took some pics of our eventful day: Don't I look lovely!!! Rob got a little bit of work done and I played on my phone while waiting for all the results. BORING!!!!
I sent these pics to my friend Heather and my mom because they were freaking out...thinking I was dieing. I wanted to let them know that I was in great spirits!! Thanks to Heather and Joanna for all your help!!!!


12 comments:

  1. I have been to the ER for my migraines many, many times and I have NEVER seen anyone look as cute as you do in this pic!!!! :) Hope you get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How scary! Good for you getting to the ER... heart stuff is nothing to take lightly! We've had our share in our family. I'm never one to go to the doctor, but now that I have kids, things are a little different! Sounds like you feel the same way :) Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good heavens, sweet friend! How scary! I hope you get to feeling better soon. I'm sure just the waiting and wondering are the worst part now! Do update! You are too cute to take ER pix! ;) I would look like 25 cents...if that...while sporting zero personality! Ha! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg girl, I hope you start to feel better soon and that all of your tests come back ok. I will be praying for you sweet girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good grief girl! I hope everything is ok! Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Wow, Poor thing! That is scary. I will be praying that the fluid goes away and you start to feel better very soon.I will be thinking of you as you go to see the specialist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brandi ~ BLESS your heart, friend! I am so so sorry. Hope you are on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry and hope you are feeling better! Keep us posted! I noticed the hospital bracelet in your last post, but figured you'd tell us if you wanted to know! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bless your heart. Are you feeling better? Let us know what you find out. Take care of your sweet self! (I noticed a hospital bracelet in a picture and almost asked!).

    Also just caught up on your posts. DARLING blue outfits...what cuties you have!

    Go MVP Nate. Loved that post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh No.. I hope everything is ok. Prayers are coming your way that everything turns out fine and they figure out where the fluid is coming from. Hang in there momma :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. holy crow!!!! you poor thing! i am so sorry. take care of yourself girlie!!! thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i've been catching up on your blog! i'm glad you are feeling better! love the sports pictures! that's where we've been living lately!!!

    ReplyDelete